Every Tuesday at 15.00 sharp we offer food aid at our office location in Itäkeskus.
Come collect your bag of food, no questions asked! Please note that supplies run out fast.
Please prepare adequately for the weather as a limited number of persons can be inside the office at one time.
In partnership with Stadin Safka and the city of Helsinki we offer a weekly food aid program. On average we are able to provide roughly 100 bags. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the safety of our staff and other attendees please wear a mask and be prepared to wait outside. Please bear in mind:
- The food items and content in the bags are random and change weekly. Typically we try to ensure that every bag contains bread, fruits, and vegetables.
- We do not write down or check KELA information.
- Bags are distributed on a first come first serve basis.
- All bags are typically gone within the first hour, so if you are unable to make the allotted time, you can reserve a bag by contacting us directly.
- We typically do not allow unattended minors to collect bags, unless a specific agreement has been made.
- One bag of food is allotted to one household per week.
We ask you to remain courteous and have patience with our staff. Many of the persons who are assisting with our food aid program are volunteers donating their time.
For more information please get in contact with us via chat, email, Whatsapp or our social media.