Marketing and Outreach Intern, Work placement offer.
This internship is intended for students who are preferably located in the Helsinki area. If you’re not currently a student you will not be considered for this internship. We work primarily in the office, however remote work is a possibility when necessary.
LOCATION AND DURATION
Visbynkuja 2, 00930 Helsinki, (Next to the Itakeskus Metro station).
This internship is from the end of May until the end of September 2021. There is the opportunity to continue the internship until December, and more internship opportunities will be available later in the year.
We are flexible to your academic needs, the internship can be longer or shorter depending on the need.
MISSION OF THIS ROLE
Developing the social media engagement and marketing implementation and research, assisting with data collection, and completing daily office tasks.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF…
You are a passionate business or marketing student with a start-up mindset wanting to inspire, develop, and help create and execute our communication campaign. You are flexible and willing to take new challenges while being able to help in the project implementation phases when necessary.
WE OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Craft, implement, and test the communication strategy and monitor its effectiveness over time;
- Create market research and analyse engagement data;
- Create and collect data!
- Stay abreast of current trends and practices in the industry and review competitors to compare their activities with those our association;
- Practice daily office tasks, host meetings, and practice presentation skills;
- Engage with real clients on a regular basis and grow our digital outreach.
REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with team members, leadership, stakeholders, and clients;
- Excellent command of English, any other foreign language will be to your advantage;
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the association brand and communication campaign;
- Continually strives to exceed goals or improve performance. Focuses on the bottom line and pushes self and others for results;
- Empathetic and able to identify with and understands the feelings, thoughts, and attitudes of clients and team members;
- Influence others toward goal attainment;
- Structure tasks and activities in the proper order to achieve goals;
- Willingness to learn and apply new techniques or procedures, and will share best practices with others;
- Receptive to the thoughts, ideas, and suggestions of others;
- Creative skills and design capabilities are strongly encouraged.
IT WILL HELP IF YOU HAVE…
- Academic/working knowledge of Microsoft, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical software;
- Academic/working knowledge of Canva, Adobe platforms such as Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, or any other design software;
- Knowledge of essential communications tools, and social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, MailChimp etc);
- Knowledge or experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (i.e. Hubspot, Salesforce, Zoho, etc.);
- Ability to interface cross-functionally;
- Strong academic creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Highly organized, accurate, thorough, and able to assume diverse responsibilities in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to create and maintain project lists and timetables;
- Highly-motivated, willing to think outside the box, and work collaboratively in a team environment, and to perform independently.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We offer an opportunity to express your creative thinking, to implement your academic studies, and all your previous professional experiences into practice. You will learn about the tools, strategies, and brainstorming processes, but most importantly you will be part of planning, executing, and monitoring the communication campaign.
Together with the Project and Marketing Coordinators, you will be responsible for identifying, investigating, testing, and validating the communication campaign to address our clients’ needs.
To summarize, you will be part of driving the creation of an amazing communication campaign to engage with our clients’ problems, so that we can connect people with solutions so that they can better live their lives and help the communities around them.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
We’re a small team at SAMHA ry, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Association with staff working across engagement, project management, social assistance, and research. We’re all committed to SAMHA’s vision – to create a world where mental illness and substance abuse issues are understood, effectively treated and one day prevented. Our work is to help the immigrant and foreign communities living in Helsinki. We are very friendly workers coming from various backgrounds and cultures, collaborating, and learning together to achieve the common goal of our Association.
You will work closely with Simone Santo and Calista, the coordinators.
This internship is unfortunately unpaid as we are a non-profit organization therefore we require that you are a student so you can receive some compensation from your school for your hard work. We do provide free tea and coffee in the office.
By the end of this internship, you will have quality experience in marketing, data collection and analysis, and other fundamental business tasks.
If you’re a highly driven individual who is looking to join a start-up environment and experience a creative thinking work environment, well WE NEED YOU.
Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or by sending him a text message, or call him at +358 453159538 10:00 to 16:00 Monday through Thursday.
Please note that this opportunity is only open to students with full student rights in Finland.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to study/work in Finland will receive consideration for the work placement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.